Homebrew Antenna

Hello,

I am in Australia (VK4) and am wondering if somebody could share their experiences of any VERY easy to make homebrew antenna, I would prefer either 2m or 70cm, anything that I could currently use to listen to the
birds, voice only, I have heard that SunSat is very easy to hear, even with a HT.

Please foward URL's or anything else, I am trying to make a very crude antenna here though, havent had much time to drive half way around Brisbane trying to look for a decent antenna.