RE: Mode L/S

> BlankWhat terrestrial activity in the US might there be in
> the satellite
> portion of the L (1268 - 1270 MHz) and S (2400 - 2402 MHz)
> bands that would
> make it worthwhile to have transmit and receive capability in
> both bands?  I
> understand that traditional activity for these bands exists
> around 1296 MHz
> and 2304 Mhz.

I'm not in the US, but I suspect not a lot.

In VK, things have become rather good for multipurpose transverters.  on
2400 MHz, our weak signal segment is now on 2403 MHz, right above the
satellite segment (convenient for transverters with a 2m IF), and only 2
broad sub bands are needed to cover satellites (1269), terrestrial FM
(1273-4/1293-4) and weak signal (1296).