Re: 5400-B problem

Yes it is called Thermal Cutoff. It is a protection built into the rotor to
protect the motors in the event an end limit  switch fails and something has
commanded the rotor to move in a certain direction and the command was
continued even after the end of travel has occured. The causes are several.
One cause occurs sometimes when you shut down the computer. The best thing to
do is turn off the power to the control box and go have a cup of coffee and
come back in about 10 minutes, I have a failed or miss adjusted end limit
switch in my rotors and this occurs when a sat is near the South location and
NOVA tries to make the rotor turn past South instead of sending it alway
around the other direction.