Re: 5400-B problem

In a message dated 9/15/00 12:38:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jwc@Stanford.EDU writes:

> Every once in awhile, our az el controller, a Yaesu G-5400B, will
>  malfunction and not allow us to rotate the azimuth direction.  The az
>  indictator pegs to the far right and nothing but time seems to cure
>  it.  No ammount of computer control or toggling of switches seems to help
>  it.  Has anyone seen anything similar on their systems?

I have seen this from time to time with my SASI. It will always happen when I
boot up my computer with the Rotor on. I'm sure it the parallel port being
intialized that is causing the problem.

What type of controller are you using, and have you tried pulling the DIN
plug off the back of the rotor when the problem happens to see if it's the
rotor box or interface?

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649