Re: Transatlatic APRS???

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, [iso-8859-1] Pedro Pérez wrote:

> I will try digipeating APRS via SUNSAT this afternoon at 20:58 pass (1º
> elev.) with my D7A(G) and a dual band telescoping whip from [Spain?]
> Anybody in the NorthEast of USA / East of Canada standing by???

I began setting up about 30 mins early and found my DSP-12 wouldn't
transmit UI!!!  Finally found WISP (or someone) had turned TXUI
command set to OFF!  THis won't let you go to UI CONV!

With one minute to go and Murphy with his hands on everything, I finally
started getting digipeats perfectly on sked with the satellite at 1.5 deg
here and 1 deg in Spain.  Soon KB2WQM joined in, and SUNSAT was sending
its APRS telemetry, so My receive was working.  Sorry,  didnt see you.

Let me know of next opportunity and I will give it a try.

de WB4APR, Bob