Re: WXSAT Computer interface?

----- Original Message -----
From: BOWEN, SCOTT M. (JSC-CC) <scott.m.bowen1@jsc.nasa.gov>
To: 'AMSAT-BB' <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Cc: 'WXSAT' <wxsat@qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 3:45 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] WXSAT Computer interface?

> Can someone tell me how to interface my scanner into my sound card for
> trying to receive weather satellites?

Connect a cable from the audio out of the scanner to [preferably] the line
in of the sound card.  Using the WxSat "oscilloscope" function, adjust the
audio volume as high as possible with only rare "clipping" as indicated by
the horizontal lines.  (The adjustment should be made during early
acquisition of the satellite's signal.)  If the scanner volume control is
too sensitive, use the operating system's sound card software volume control
to make fine adjustments.

73, Ken N2WWD

Ken Ernandes
n2wwd@amsat.org