P3D launch prep ...

In a message dated 9/12/00 4:54:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
cbuttsch@slonet.org writes:

<< Ya know, there is something very valid in the idea of taking some last
 minute pictures of the satellite on the pad.  Let do it!  Cliff K7RR >>

Hey Cliff,

Thanks for your input.  I think you've often had some pull in the pre-launch
prep of
our birds.  Is this something you might be able to take on for the rest of us
in the
background?  Here's another thought.  ESA may even have their own Public
Affairs
people who do this sort of thing and can assist in photo
documentation/dissemination.  Come to think of it, here's a no brainer for
us.  Our
very own ARRL is in a prime position to report on Ham Radio history in the
making.
Anyway,  I just hope we can bring it all together for the Amateur community,
giving
it the necessary sense of participation even if only vicariously.  As NASA
well knows,
this sort of thing goes a long way to insuring future support and mustn't be
taken
lightly.  If AMSAT is to see a long and prosperous future, a proper publicity
campaign
may well be what insures future "launch campaigns".  This association has so
much
talent in it's midst, it must somehow be made to happen...  Thanks again
Cliff for
your reply.

73, Steve
K5PK