Re: Re: PSK, what is BPSK? Fourier escapes me at the moment.

Hi Laura,

I sneaked out of work an hour early before a flight this morning to one of
the big academic book shops in London.

I was pleasantly surprised to find at least a dozen texts with DSP in the
title an spent the next half hour choosing one (25 minutes of that was
waiting for someone to look up some of the texts you have on your website -
I guess you don't want to be in a hurry in those places).

The one I chose had some rudimentary examples software in C in it so I was
quite at home already. I took in the first chapter in rather easily, with a
great example of a notch filter.

After that I started to struggle. I think I need to brush up on that math
I've not used for 15 years! The last time I used any real math was doing
some mathematical and numerical modelling with non linear differential
equations about 6 years ago and that took me about three months to get back
up to speed. My gray matter ain't what it used to be.

Still, it's not insurmountable. I just hope I'll have the patience to get
something working at the end of it! I'm not sure yet if what I want to do is
what might be classed rudimentary.

73 Howard G6LVB.