Re: Thanks For Help On 2M Amp

Teletech is unfortunately most likely out of the ham business as well.  As I
understand it hey were using a vendor over in Taiwan to supply their cast
housing.  When the earthquake hit last year, it destroyed the factory and
their only source of housing.  They had to shut the line down and I don't
think they felt it was worth brining back up.

Too bad.  They were really nice amps.

If you can find an OLDER Mirage (not made by Mighty Fine Junk (MFJ)), get
it.  I have an old one from the 70s and it works like a champ.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 9/11/00 8:33 PM, Richard Lubash at rlubash@poco.mv.com wrote:

> I would like to thank everyone who responded to my question asking advise
> on a reliable 2 meter amp. I received a number of replies and the four
> favorites were TE Systems, RF Concepts, Tokyo Hi-Power Labs and Teletec. RF
> Concepts was bought out by Alpha who is going out of business so that was
> eliminated was not able to get through to SSB electronics distributor for
> Teletec nor did they return my messages and since I received the majority
> of recommendations about the TE Systems amps, had a very nice chat with a
> gentleman from TE on the phone and read some reports of long reliable
> service I decided to go with TE. I appreciate all the helpful input and
> hope at some time in the future I can contribute to the listmembers in as
> useful and positive way as you have helped me.

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA

http://www.qsl.net/ke9na