Software Defined Radios [was Re: PSK, what is BPSK? Fourier escapes me at the moment.]

Tony Langdon said,

> I'm looking forward to new DSP apps, and would drool if IF based DSP
> development came within the reach of the average ham.

It already is.  Take a look at

   http://www.proaxis.com/~boblark/dsp10.htm

A Software Defined Radio (some call them DSP radios) called the DSP-10
designed by Bob Larkin, W7PUA.  I completed mine two weeks ago and will
bring it to the AMSAT symposium in October to show off and demonstrate.

 - Steve, N7HPR
   n7hpr@tapr.org