Re: Digital Modes with a Macintosh PowerBook

Luis... My Mac G4 didn't have serial ports, so I added a 4-port serial card.
The ports drive the following:
Yaesu ft-847.
AutoTracker to drive the Yaesu rotors.
PacComm TNC.
PC Printer (through a serial-to-parallel interface).

In your case you'll need a USB-to-serial adapter. Belkin makes one,
as do others.

I'm using MacDopplerPro and MacPacsat for software on the digisats.
One is purchased through Amsat, and I believe the other is through
Dogpark, directly.

See: http://www.dogparksoftware.com/Macintosh_Amateur_Radio_Pr.html

>I recently purchased a Macintosh PowerBook and would like to use it to work
>the digital sats while portable. I've seen a WiSP like program for the Mac
>but it requires a serial port to connect to the TNC. Unfortunately, this
>laptop doesn't have such a port. Any luck for me ?
>
>Any Hams out there with PowerBooks ?
>
>Thanks :)
>
>Luis Martins
>
>----