Re: Digital Modes with a Macintosh PowerBook

Your PowerBook should have a USB port on it.  Buy yourself a Keyspan USB to
serial port adapter and the appropriate RS-232 cables for your TNC and radio
and you are in business.

I run MacDopplerPro for tracking,  MacPacSat for the satellite data, a
Kantronics 9612+ and an FT-847.  A Mac G3 manages the whole mess.

MacDopplerPro is a nice program and I am just getting to know MacPacSat.  The
authors of each program are quite helpful.

I have yet to see any Ham radio based equipment manufacturer supporting USB
but I am sure they will in the future as the PC catches up with the Macs as
far as USB implementation goes.  As part of my job I am developing a Mac/USB
interface for a device.  I will be using my G3 and USB to control a high
precision Az/El system of my own design here at my station in the near (6
months) furture.

--
Bronson Crothers
17 Charles St.