Re: New Antenna Results

At 11:17 AM 2000-09-10 -0500, David M. Tipton, PhD wrote:

>Wow..  AO-27 was 60 over.  Granted, it was a near overhead pass, but
>Midway through, I lost the signal and couldn't find it again.  Probably me
>being over zealous with the rotators.

Sometimes, due to the sat's antenna pointing, the signal will drop directly
overheard.... or you could have a minor problem with keps or alignment,
which are most critical directly overhead...

>I've never heard one of the birds with such a loud signal, and more
>specifically, with NO fading.   I'm sold.. I like my CP Yagis far better
>than the egg beaters.
>
>In addition to the hearing it better with no fading, I also was able to
>get into the bird with a watt... :)

It's called GAIN !!!!!!  ...pure and simple....  like a Porsche... there's
no substitute!!
I've been following your misplaced love of the eggbeaters on here for a
while.... I thought you'd figure it out eventually :-)

Sure, you CAN do it with low gain antennas, but like every compromise,
there are losses that can't be avoided.
Congrats!!