Re: PSK, its a Amateur Sat thing....:-)

Christopher Cox <cobox@urec.net> wrote:

>(snip...)
>
>PSK is a great idea. Finding hardware (TNC's) that understand PSK and
>Manchester coding is problematic however.

TNCs? I remember reading about those in history books.

All modern implementations are based on DSP, with all pro-
cessing done in software.

The catch is that BPSK demodulation will not acquire the
signal over the Doppler frequency range of a typical LEO
satellite. However, as every PSK31 implementation has
demonstrated, once acquired, it can track it easily.

This is a minor issue: use predict and get Doppler
information over a socket.

                                   - Hospital/Shafte