Re: Component selection

Your selection depends on your orbit and your expected satellite life
span. For our satellite which will be in a low earth orbit for about a
couple years, we will be using a Microchip PIC processor. It has been
radiation tested. It will handle a total dose of 20 Krads before the
EEPROM is set to all zeros. SEU is 2 MeV and latchup occurs at about 17
MeV.
In our satellite, we plan on flying other microcontrollers to see how
well they perform. Results will be published.

Ivan