RE: UO-14 via portable in oceania

> hello all.
> i have worked UO-14 using my home station (ft-847, maspro
> oscar hunter,
> az-el rotor) into ja, p29, 9m6,yf, vr2.
> i am now trying to work it using a handheld but no success.
> using a rubber
> duck.
> does anyone know if working with a portable from manila is
> possible at all
> on UO-14?  is the satellite further up when it is in this part of the
> world?
> would sure love to demonstrate to schools if this were possible.

The orbit is pretty much circular, so the path loss is much the same.  A
bigger challenge may be getting over the QRM from nearby countries.

I haven't got time to look, but is it possible for you to get a path into
southern VK?  If so, we could try a sked on the bird, though by that stage
of the pass, I might have some troubles with the pirate QRM...