RE: Just hrd UO-14 for the 1st time!

> Just buy a battery for your HT, a good portable antenna (not
> a whip) and
> join the fun!  I use a pair of ADI HT's and the Arrow crossed
> yagis and
> compete quite well with 5 watts.  This station  is very
> portable - I'll be
> taking it to Costa Rica in a few weeks as well as Hawaii and
> a few more
> countries next year.

Well, if you need a quieter pass, come down under! :-)  Here, fractions of a
watt into a good antenna, or a couple of watts into a rubber duck is
possible on UO-14 - QRM is very low here, except for some Asian pirates to
the north.  I pulled that trick at a satellite demo the other week, much to
the disbelief of the owner of the HT I used for the rubber duck test. :-)

Oh, and working an overseas visitor would be a nice treat for us too. :-)