Re: Doppler correction software for linear satellites

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 03:09:41PM +0000, Roy Welch wrote:
> Take a look at The Station Program on the AMSAT web site.

Thanks for the suggestion Roy (and to everyone else who made
suggestions as well).

I've set up The Station and it's tracking the satellite OK
(calculates the correct position etc), but doesn't actually
change the frequencies on the rig. I chose the FT-847
in the rig setup, with the full-duplex option checked.

I set the CAT rate on the 847 to 57600; at that rate, opening
a tracking window does actually set the radio into CAT mode.
At 4800 or 9600, it doesn't seem to communicate with
the radio at all.

Then when I choose the beacon or full duplex windows,
nothing actually changes on the radio.

Any idea where I went wrong?

thanks
Hamish