Just hrd UO-14 for the 1st time!

   I was listening to the 22:30 PDT west coast pass and heard several
stations including K6YK and ND0M. This was my first time trying my "new"
(used) Icom IC-3N 430 HT. I would've put out a call but I only have one
battery that I have to switch back and forth between my 2m and 430 HTs. If I
were able to put out a call on the satellite though (flame suits on), there
was no way I would've gotten through. Everyone was calling over everyone
else and there were even some who seemed to be intentionally QRMing the
satellite! I'd heard that it was bad but I didn't think it was that bad. In
fact, I only heard about 2 or 3 successful contacts during the entire pass.
It makes me wonder not when but if I'll ever make a successful QSO on UO-14.
I'm probably just being pessimistic. Oh well, enough of my ranting.

                                                             73,
                                                             Jay, KF6RMG