RE: Thougths on "The Birds"

> blindly, when they can't hear all that well with poor antennas.  And
> finally, the inevitable "CQ satellite" being called when
> stations are ten
> deep on frequency - no doubt the guy with the ground plane
> who swears the
> sats are not active.

One thing we need to push in the ham media is the old "listen first" rule,
which is far more important on the birds than anywhere else, especially in
Mode J (where all the variables are stacked against the ground receiver).

The old saying "If you can't hear them, you can't work them" applies
especially to satellites!