Re: Doppler correction software for linear satellites

on 9/5/00 8:16 AM, Hamish Moffatt at hamish@cloud.net.au wrote:

> Is there any software around which will do full Doppler correction
> for the linear transponder satellites? I would like to tune around
> the downlink using the VFO knob on the rig (FT-847) and have the
> computer automatically adjust the uplink frequency to match
> (within a couple of seconds). The 847 can track between the uplink
> and downlink, but can't compensate for Doppler, so the difference
> relationship between uplink and downlink frequencies is always
> changing.
>
> Wisp with the DDE client does a great job for satellites with a
> fixed downlink and uplink, like the Pacsats and FM repeaters.

I believe that with many of the software packages you can do this.  I have a
Macintosh and there's even software for that that does this!  So if it
exists for a Mac (MacDoppler), then it certainly exists for a WinTel machine
somewhere.

73,

Jon
NA9D