Re: Re: Discovery Project: Which Mission Next?

Only problem I see here with the Ip address issue is how 'many' can connect to
the bird without overloading it depending on what access speed we use.

If you refer to the book 'NOSINTRO" (Remember that this book is a little "dated"
circa 1992) by Ian Wade G3NRW as a reference here, there are IP addresses
assigned for space-based objects under AMPR.ORG aliases.  The numbers dedicated
are in the 44.193.x.x range that can be used and that Tom Clark W3IWI is listed
as the IP address Coordinator for these numbers.

Since 'we' (hams) already have a block of numbers already assigned for use in
space why not put them to good use and see what we can come up with. It would be
a way that we could provide use of the satellite to everyone.

Just think, you could continue to download a image or messages from the
satellite even after it passes out of range.

James KD4DLA