Re: Re: Discovery Project: Which Mission Next?

When P3D goes up, I think it is very important for the HAM radio community
to have a well established common means of digital exchange for video.

But bits-is-bits, so the real thing we need is a standard digital
mechanism, and then it can be used for anything... which gets us back to
things like TCPIP via satelite, just so we can use what we already have
for the internet.  (Digital voice, video, data, files, etc)...

I'm sure there are many bright HAM minds working on this.  I just hope
they come up sith something that is common and reproducable from
off-the-shelf stuff, that is not obsolete the next year...

de WB4APR, Bob