Re: Comments on UO-14

>had 100 % copy from horizon to horizon using a hand-held 3-element beam.
 My
>observations were on the differing behaviors between the two coasts. f
> I found it illuminating that with a 50 W mobile rig and
> get 1  contact in with the bird over the eastern US.

 I notice the same thing. I operate  the FM bird's from all over the
country, and if your on the East or West coast and the Sat come up from
the east or west there is much less activity then when it is over the
central USA. When it's footprint is compleatly over land the user's
attempting to access it goes way up! It has nothing to do with
discourtious operators etc, it is just being saturated . Also, from my
experience there are far more FM satellite operators over the
central/eastern US then over the west..

73 Jeff kb2wqm