Re: FO-20 Tuning question.

on 9/3/00 1:09 AM, David M. Tipton, PhD at tiptond@psi.com wrote:

> I'm aware that Doppler affects downlink on FO-20, but do I need to
> compensate on the uplink as well?  May sound strange, but I'm not really
> sure here....  I've made a handful of contacts on the bird know, and it's
> getting easier, but I'd really like to stay in one place and "ragchew" for
> a few minutes..

Adjust for doppler correction on the HIGHEST of the two frequencies ONLY.
Don't mess with the other.  For the FO birds, this is the downlink.  Don't
change the uplink.  For AO-10, you change the uplink.

Use this standard unless you are following "The One True Rule" which means
you are probably using computer control.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden