Comments on UO-14

In the FWIW department, I operated mobile today and had equal passes at about
35 degrees elevation to both the east and the west.  On the eastern pass (in
EL28) I was not able to get into the bird at all until about the last 2
minutes when there were only a couple of stations left in the shadow.  I
confirmed 2 of them.  I found it illuminating that with a 50 W mobile rig and
a mag-mounted vertical dipole antenna on 2 m, I could not even get 1 contact
in with the bird over the eastern US.

On the western pass (in EL18) I was able to make contact with everyone that
wanted that grid, over a dozen contacts were confirmed.
73,
Jerry, K5OE