Re: Cable Recommendations..What is the best?

> 9913 is a good cable.  LMR-400 is a little bit better though and costs
about
> the same.  It has a solid dielectric which means your water proofing
doesn't
> need to be as good.

Huh?  This is incorrect.  You *still* need to waterproof all coax
connections.  I use four layers - two layers of a waterproof tape (made by
3M and available at local electrical supply stores) and two layers of
regular electrical tape.  Make sure the layers overlap by at least one-inch.
In other words, put the first layer flush with where the coax connects to
the antenna and go *at least* one inch (I prefer about two - three inches)
past the end of the connector.  Then go back towards the antenna connection.
Start the electrical tape the same way, just go past the waterproof tape at
least one inch.  Do *not* stretch electrical tape - cut it!  If you stretch
it, it will pull back and the "sticky" won't be as good.  We use this on all
of our 928/952MHz SCADA applications (well over 1000 installations in
Alabama alone) and have excellent results.

Always waterproof well no matter what type coax you use.  An ounce of
prevention...

GL es 73,
Joel, K2SAT