Re: Info needed on OO-38, WO-39 and Stensat

> Oops!  I stand corrected.  What happened with the desense problem?  Is that
> why it's half duplex now?

The problem was really in our ground station at Stanford.  It wasn't fully
tested before launch.  A comedy of errors made it difficult to communicate
with Opal.  Soon after launcher, several HAMs (F6AGR, KE6QIS, KF4FDJ,
etc) heard and communicated with Opal showing that Opal was functioning
properly.  One of the picosat teams, the Aerospace Corp, had access to the
50m radiotelescope to do pico ops so we brought some radio equipment up
there and did the initial contacts.  It was kind of nice having that
50m dish for an antenna!  At one point, we even hooked up TH-D7 to it
because our 736R wasn't functioning properly.

We've always been half duplex, for better or worse.  Makes programming the
radio abit tricky but it has worked fine.

--Jamie
KF6RFX