Re: UO-14 KD5HTY

Hello Ron...

I also wish to welcome you to the FM sats.  Congratulations on your
first contacts.  Recording the passes with a small microcassette or even
smaller digital recorder sure does help.  You'll have a lot of fun with
the arrow antenna and it's great portability.  Here's an example.

Today on UO-14, Norm (VE3CZI) was operating portable from VE5 (SK) in
grid DO70 on his way to a Ski Resort.  Although the bird was quite busy,
he was able to work N7SFI, K0SU, VE7VVW, VA3SF, K6YK, N7QBZ, K8ZZU,
K8KFJ and W7JPI.  Now here's the best part ... he was standing outside
with an Arrow and VX5 there in Moose Jaw.  So now you see what can be
done with a setup such as yours.

Have fun Ron and I hope to work you very soon.  Please give me a call
whenever you hear me (and I'll do the same).

73 //Gary *K8KFJ*
West Virginia [EM98]