Re: Re: Discovery Project: Which Mission Next?

Hello Jon!

31 Aug 00 13:47, you wrote to All:

 JO> Enlighten me.  Why don't we have a Fast Scan ATV satellite?  That
 JO> would be cool!  Much more interesting than talking to the same old
 JO> farts in one's local area.  Too much bandwidth?  Power requirements
 JO> too severe?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Analogue ATV?  Anyone got a satellite band 7 MHz wide and a good power budget?
FM would need even more bandwidth. I suspect this is the main problem.  Digital
technology should help to create useful ATV birds, by allowing narrower
bandwidths.

Would love to beam TV pictures around, but we may have to be creative to get it
working within amateur constraints. :-)

Tony, VK3JED

.. unt your lifestyle?