Re: FO-20

I believe that LEO satellites with linear transponders would be more popular if (1) they were easier to get into (like RS-13) and (2) had orbits which put them overhead in the evening hours instead of the daytime / middle of the night.

I am surprised that someone in the Philadelphia area hasn't run portable in Delaware to put that state on the FO birds.  Perhaps I will undertake that mission later in the fall (it is a two hour trip from here).  However, I don't have enough signal into the uplink to work anything but cw on FO20/FO29 with my Arrow antenna.

Dave Barrows
W8IJ
Camp Hill, PA
--

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:09:07   Randolph Kohlwey wrote:
>At 02:26 PM 8/31/2000 -0500, David M. Tipton, PhD wrote:
>>Anybody hear me this afternoon on FO-20?  I finally was able to hear my
>>downlink, but after calling CQ for what seemed an eternity, noone came back.
>
>Like I have said,  Why do we need more SSB LEO's. The ones we have are
>not that used!
>
>I heard N9JWO and worked K4AWB on the August 31, 2000 19:16 UTC pass.
>I may have heard others trying to "find themselves" and heard at least 1
>FM simplex signal on that pass.  I bet there are more FM simplex QSO in the
>bandpass than SSB satellite QSO's during the workday passes of FO-20.
>

>73, Randy N7SFI
>
>Still looking for DE on FO-20 and DE and GA on FO-29.
>
>I still am looking for contacts with:
>
>DN92,  EM46, EM72, EM91, EN48, EN58, EN67, FM04 and FM13
>
>on any satellite.
>----

Before you buy.