Re: Re: Discovery Project: Which Mission Next?

> >There has been talk of landing a rover that could be remote-controlled on
the
> moon about a year
> >ago. There was even recently a hint of doing a space-based telescope that
would
> orbit the moon.
> >What about a moon-based repeater system?

telemetry only system the main use of which would be for education.  That is
what I have a beef about.
.
> This is why I brought this up as a possible idea for discussion and why I
think
> that we have personally done almost everything possible LOCALLY i.e. Low
Earth
> Orbit except for one thing and that would be Fast-Scan ATV. But on that
note, I
> understand why we haven't yet.

Enlighten me.  Why don't we have a Fast Scan ATV satellite?  That would be
cool!  Much more interesting than talking to the same old farts in one's
local area.  Too much bandwidth?  Power requirements too severe?  Inquiring
minds want to know!

73,

Jon
NA9D