Re: Re: Re: Discovery Project: Which Mission Next?

>to a child.  I am not saying we shouldn't do experiments for schools and
>special things and so forth.  We should.  But we should also open it up to
>those of us who also get special delights out of such things.  The original
>poster had proposed AMSAT spend basically a fortune to put some hardware on
>the moon and then limit it to broadcasting telemetry for educational use.
>If AMSAT were to spend the money I give them on a project like that, then
>I'd resign my membership in a heartbeat.  It's fine to have demos for kids,
>but if we are going to spend money on stuff then let's make it available to
>everyone, adults included.
>
>I see through the pipe just fine.
>
>Jon
>NA9D
Amen, John!  We're looking thru the same pipe....I'm also a little annoyed that
this "school focus" is doing little to promote the welfare and education of
"children".  I've raised five good ones, and never depended on agencies with an
ulterior motive to promote any of their welfare.

Most of this ballyhoo about "children" does nothing but promote NASA, in an
attempt to
justify some of their existence!  ARRL pumps up the same theme, and I don't
want any
of the few dollars that I've donated to AMSAT to  go for that same drivel.

Champions of the underprivileged are generally championing themselves....

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....