Re: On phased arrays with azimuth and elevation beamforming

Bob Nielsen wrote.... about ... phased arrays to create a steerable "beam"

> It could be done at VHF with L-C phase shifters using varactors as
> variable capacitors.

Wow, I would love to see the analysis and background in an article!  Would
3 bits of precision be sufficient? (3 varactors)  That would give +/-
phase increments of say 22 degrees between +/- 45 deg?

Can I assume that +/- 90 deg would give you a beam spread of +/- 45 deg?
I guess then that for my roof pointed south, I would need +/- 180 phase
shifts to get from Moon rise to moon set?  Probably would take 4 bits of
precision?

Bob