FW: Phase 3D antenna questions

I have been looking into what my antenna farm might look like for a Phase 3D
station, and I have some questions regarding L and S band antennas.  I am
new to the microwaves, so a little help would be appreciated

I've seen many recommendations, and most of them involve the use of helix or
parabolic dish antennas.  I haven't seen any recommendations for yagi type
antennas for these bands, and I'm wondering why.  I've seen RHCP helix
antennas recommended, is circular polarization a necessity for these bands?

I realize that the gain is lower with a typical yagi, and that there are
issues with polarization, but they are much easier to build and/or work with
for someone of my experience level.

Would it be so much "less than optimum" to use fixed horizontally or
vertically polarized loop yagi antennas for  13 and 23 cm that the results
would make it difficult to work the bird?   I was thinking of using
something along the lines of a 45 element loop yagi setup with around 20dBi
gain.

With Phase 3D's attitude control, will polarization switching be an issue?

If this is not an appropriate subject, or has been covered in depth already,
my apologies.  Replies or information resources sent off-list in that case
would be appreciated very much.

73/
Samuel, W7YYY

DO NOT read, copy or disseminate this