RE: logging program

Bob W7LRD

>I am looking for a logging program.  Probably 40% of my operating is
>satellites, so I want something that is "friendly" in that regard.  Also
>something with a good contest mode (I like the sweepstakes).I have a
>spare pentium/75 with win 95, I could dedicate for this purpose.
>Your opinion please, thank you.

Then Laura Halliday - VE7LDH replied:

> If nothing that is presently available suits your needs, why not
> write your own? This is one way to guarantee that it will do
> what you want it to do.

That's exactly what I'm doing.  I am using a MS Access database.  Although I
need to work on some of the features, it is functional and I have moved my
satellite logs to it.
I found that none of the logging programs would do what I wanted a satellite
logging program to do.  Most logging programs are way too HF centric.  Even
if they understand that there is such a thing as satellite contacts, the
support for such is very limited.  For example, I want to be able to tell
that I have confirmed contacts in DN40 on AO-10 U-V SSB, UO-14 V-U FM, FO-20
V-U SSB, SO-35 U-V FM and SO-35 V-U FM, and unconfirmed contacts on FO-29
V-U SSB, and AO-10 U-V CW (yes, I have fully adopted the "new" band mode
designations as opposed to single letter designations - i.e. mode B is now
U-V, mode J is now V-U).  Same level of detail for states and provinces (at
least North America for now - maybe worldwide after P3D gets up.)  May add
counties later, but at this time I'm not tracking counties.
It is my intention to have some other satellite users play with my program,
but there are a few features I want to get operational before passing it
out.

73