Mechanical connection question

BlankI am preparing for P3D and am making progress toward assembling a Mode
L/S station.  I bought a pair of 60-cm dishes from AMSAT-UK a few years ago
and have assembled the 60-cm dish/helix described in G3RUH's article with
one dish.  I am quite pleased with the result of that effort.  Using
calculations from several sources, I constructed a Mode L version of G3RUH's
Mode S dish.  The problem is that the mechanical connection of the matching
section of the helix to the nub of the N-connector (mounted on the
reflector) is weak and breaks if only soldered.  I am using ~4-mm OD copper
for the helix.  I would like to keep this helix rather than use smaller
gauge copper wire.  Are there any suggestions out there to strengthen this
connection or should I use smaller gauge wire for the helix?   Thanks.

Kevin Smith
N3HKQ
FN00be