RE: Off topic - power line

There are so many different things that can-do-will cause electrical
noise.  The most important thing you need to know is how responsive
is the company to complaints?  If they are quick, do a good job, and
are responsive to your needs, no problem.

Some of the things that cause noise are:
loose connections
dirty insulators
animals on poles
tree limbs in wires
rain
dust
unfiltered appliances nearby

Rarely are the noises caused by generation, although bad brushes in
the DC exciter -could- cause some problems.  I work in a power plant,
and I listen to AM talk radio all day long.  But then again, we are
very careful to keep everything right here.  Also, the frequency you
operate will determine how susceptible your station is to noise.  I
would not like to listen to WWV on 60 kHz, but a 440 MHz repeater
shouldn't be a problem.  Your mileage may vary.

Good luck.

Mike.

Vy73,  Mike.   KD9KC    MARS: AAV6EV
kd9kc@elp.rr.com  -  kd9kc@amsat.org
Home page: http://www.qsl.net/kd9kc/
The farthest WEST ham in West Texas.

We must ban all guns because a lunatic may kill dozens of innocent people
with one.  But if you want to carry a gun to protect yourself from such a
lunatic you are paranoid idiot.

Police operate in pairs and with backup.  This is why they need magazines
that hold more ammunition.  You must face criminals alone and without
backup.  Therefore, you need less ammunition.