RE: Off topic - power line

I'm not sure about the "quality" of the power generated in Costa Rica but
I'm about 1km from a 138kv main supply line between San Antonio and
Floresville, TX.  The only "interference" that I get is from lightning
strikes to the towers.  I don't hear any hash or buzzing at all.  Unless the
power is particularly dirty you shouldn't have any troubles.  What you might
do is take your HF rigs and some portable antennas to sites where similar
lines are already built and operating.  See what kind of noises you can
expect.

73/
Kevin, WB5RUE