M2 antennas

Hi All

I'm looking at putting up new sat antennas and I have a question for
everyone. The question is, if you were going to put up a new set of
antennas would you go with the 2mcp22  / 436cp42ug combo or the
2mcp14 / 43630cp combo. With 3d getting ready to go up and with the sats
that are up there now which way would you go?

Going with the larger setup the beam with is much narrower than what the
smaller combo has. The smaller setup would let you move the rotors much
less but do you think the dB difference would be worth the extra money that
the larger set would cost.

It would be nice since M2 came out with the switchable rh/lh option that
they would have come out with another model of the sat antennas that were
switchable. I can't see spending all of that money on a new set of antennas
just to have to spend a bunch more to change out NEW parts to make them
switchable.

Please let me know what you think..

73, Bill N4XEO

E- Mail mailto: n4xeo@amsat.org