Re: One Coax Feedline.

Pat,

I had exactly the same requirement. You see, I live in an ever so slightly
conservative 8 storey apartment block. And I live in the basement. Throwing
down many feeders was off the menu, but I thought I could get away with one
feeder to begin with. Better to start off with the minimum of potential
offense to the neighbors I thought!

So you might want to look at my website at
http://www.btinternet.com/~hlong/G6LVB.htm where I show how I managed a
satellite station capable of 400W (not usually I hasten to add) with one
160' length of RG-213 coax and no control cables. Until ten days ago this
remained the same for eight months. I've now upgraded this rather
significantly, but the essence of controlling various coax relays and
preamps through one feedline is the same.

Not perfect, but hey, I've worked every analog sat except AO-10 on this
setup. And I could at least hear AO-10.

The only thing I never got going through the single coax was the Az/El
rotator. In the end I couldn't work out a simple way of making the coax
control bidirectional to read back the rotator position in the shack.

Yes, I hear you all say, all those triplexers, duplexers and coax switches
are going to really add to the noise figure! You're probably right, but the
proof of the pudding was in the eating.

73, Howard G6LVB