Re: 10m and RS-13 Infomercial

Bob,

RS-13 is perhaps the "easiest" of the "easy-sats" to work, provided the QRM from the 15 meter uplink doesn't get you.  There is plenty of room for everyone.

However, it won't be an afternoon satelite for long.  RS-13 has a "drift" and keeps showing up earlier and earlier in the day each month.

-- Dave W8IJ
   Camp Hill, PA
--

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:24:12   Bob Bruninga wrote:

>We use the AMSATS in some of our Antenna and Satellite student labs, but
>all the interesting AMSATS come over only in the morning.  THe afternoon
>students don't get anything except RS-13 and 15 and we have been
>hesitant to take our $2000 HF rig outdoors for these demos.  But, now,
>with the $149 RS all mode rig and a battery, we can now demo these analog
>birds as well.
>
>Neat band.  Neat radio.
>Bob
>

>----