Re: proposal for maximizing fm leo contacts

> >Sadly, the gear to do the same [portable satellite operation]
> >on SSB isn't on the market yet. :-(
>
> Actually, it is. But you have to put it together.

Also, you can use the FT-290 and FT-790 radios.  Both are portable, capable
of battery operation and can be picked up used.  Sure, it's not tracking
VFOs and what not, but I cut my teeth on the birds on these radios.  They
work good.  Add bricks and small preamps and you are all set!

73,

Jon
NA9D