PC Clock problem.

Hi Guys,
             Has anyone experienced problems with the PC clock
losing time when running WiSP?   I have an experimental second
station running WiSP round the clock and am dogged with an
intermittent slow running clock problem.   All seems to be well for a
period -  2 to 3 weeks on occasions - and then for some reason the
PC clock starts to lose; and I mean lose!    14 secs per minute on
one occasion! (Measured by opening up the Windows clock which
is no mean feat as the mouse pointer has a mind of its own - no
doubt a spin off of the timing problem.)   Since removing every
vestage of the loaded WiSP prog. two weeks ago and reloading
with the latest version downloaded on the same day, it has
behaved itself. On checking this morning the PC had lost just over
4 minutes since last nights passes of KO-25 and UO-22 - which it
ran properly . UO-22 is set to update the clock incidently but as it
had lost so much overnight it failed to do so during this mornings
early passes. Assuming that the clock was corrected on the last
pass last night it suffered its 4 minute loss in the space of about 10
hrs.   Quite mild compared to previous losses but more that
enough to screw up the project!
    On shutting the PC down and re booting the PC time corrects
itself and away we go again - but for how long?   The PC's only 1
year old - Pentium 3 and is running Windows 98. It is dedicated to
the sat. station - no junk software.   It is LAN connected but the
problem comes up both with and without the LAN plugged in the
wall.      Incidently, prior to the reload a different mother board was
installed just to be sure.
   Anyone had the problem?  Alternatively, can anyone tell me how
I can identify what's 'preoccupying' the clock - or whatever?

 73
Fred