Re: FM vs SSB

----- Original Message -----
From: "kermit" <kermit@arr.com>
To: <n2yqp@flash.net>
Cc: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2000 3:26 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] FM vs SSB

> >From: "Christopher E. Phelps" <n2yqp@flash.net>
>I had inquired about the feasability of working other sats such as AO-10
from my balcony but was discouraged by what other operators told me about
the size of antennas and amount of power needed to capture the ssb birds.
Not to mention the sensitivity needed to hear them. But then again  remember
an operator friend back in NY that told me the same about the fm birds. It
really surprised me when I first saw Jerry Schmitt (KK5YY) demo the Arrow
with an ht at the Socorro,NM hamfest several yrs ago and hooked me onto it.
Once P3D gets up and running ? I will again explore the possibilities of
what I can really do.