Re: Suggestion re grid squares

At 02:45 PM 8/18/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>So, my suggestion is that we satellite operators adopt, by common consent,
>the four-character Maidenhead locator as a global standard QSO exchange in
>preference to the full six-character locator.

I would agree if you are operating from you home station. One can look up what
the full grid is at:

         http://www.buck.com/cgi-bin/do_hamcall

If you are portable I would like the full grid if you know it. The two
letters can
often nail down your state/county and are much quicker to give than using
your location.

Not many people over here are using the full 6 character grid on the FM
birds.

73, Randy N7SFI