From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Chris Jackson
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 3:40 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] pTrack for Windows CE palmtops

Late last year I wrote a tracking program for Windows CE, but due to time
constraints I haven't been able to get this released.  Although nothing has
changed (and with another satellite launch and commissioning to perform next
week it won't get better!) following the discussion on this last week, I've
managed to put together a short overview of the software at
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.d.jackson/ptrack/.

If I get a chance I'll put some screen dumps on the site over the next day
or so.

This program is a (reasonalby) basic tracking program for Windows CE palmtop
computers.  A few hams have been using it for quite some time, but due to
time shortage this year it hasn't been completed.  It features a nice map to
display the satellite position, and will list the AOS times for any number
of satellites you may wish to include.  It doesn't pretend to be a fully
featured tracking program, although it is certainly better than many other
handheld satellite tracking alternatives.

For more information, check out the web site.

If you have queries, please feel free to email me at however I will be
travelling extensively over the next month or so, so don't expect a reply
(or be very patient).

73,
Chris G7UPN