Re: Re: No 10m - 6m satellite allocations!

Hi, Bob!!

At 12:04 PM 18-08-00 -0400, Bob Bruninga wrote:
>  The ARRL bandplan designates
> > 29.300-29.510 for Satellite Downlinks.
>
>Argh!  Hummh... I didnt remember it being that specific in the ITU regs
>(which are at home right now).  I thought 10m was ok either way...

You're exactly right.  The allocation in the Radio Regulations is to the
amateur-satellite service with no limit on direction.

In bands like 1260-1270 MHz, you'll see a note specifying something like
use in the Earth-to-space direction (i.e., uplink).

Fortunately, most of our amateur-satellite service bands have no such
limitations.

Folks really should read the Table of Frequency Allocations.  URL's already
provided.  It's a terrific reference work.

As far as ARRL or IARU band plans go, they are "gentleman's agreements"
with no particular legal standing.

Nevertheless, band plans go a long way to helping amateurs manage many,
often incompatible, uses of available frequency allocations.  In point of
fact, the band plans, when we observe them, help us to do the most with our
frequencies while keeping governments off our backs.

Hope this helps.

73, art.....