No 10m - 6m satellite allocations!

Bob,

At 10:29 AM 8/18/00 -0400, Bob Bruninga wrote:
>Searching for this optimum SSB mode while weighing all factors is what has
>caused me to come up with the 10m SSB UP <=> 2m DOWN idea.  I cant find my
>Satellite Handbook, but is this mode already defined?  If not, for eas of
>discussion, maybe we can call it "MODE V" which is an upside down "MODE A"?

I believe the reason there is no mode "V"  :-)  is because there is no
allocation for satellite uplinks on 10m.  The ARRL bandplan designates
29.300-29.510 for Satellite Downlinks.

The same bandplan designates these 2m frequencies:
144.30-144.50 New OSCAR subband
145.80-146.00 OSCAR subband

It is recommended that any person wanting to design a satellite utilizing
amateur frequencies first read:

INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE OWNERS AND OPERATORS OF SATELLITES UTILIZING
FREQUENCIES ALLOCATED TO THE AMATEUR-SATELLITE SERVICE,  which is available
from: http://www.iaru.org/satellite/prospective.html

This document was originally created by AMSAT NA, and kept on the AMSAT web
site, but has been superceded by this document.

-- On another related subject, and to answer those asking about a 6m
allocation, I remembered this being discussed at the IARU Satellite Forum
held in San Diego, October 8, 1999.

This is excerpted from:    http://www.iaru.org/satellite/forum99.html

SIX METRE SATELLITE ALLOCATION

At this stage there is no six metre allocation for the amateur-satellite
service in the ITU Table of Frequency Allocations. AMSAT-NA will work with
ARRL to lobby for a future allocation to the amateur-satellite service
around 50MHz.

73, Mike

                                    __\/__
    | .                             / ^ _ \ .
    |                            |\| (o)(o) |/|
    ^     _  * -----------------.OOOo--oo--oOOO ------------------ *
   |||   | | * Mike Gilchrist - KF4FDJ .... AMSAT Area Coordinator *
   |X|   | | * P.O. Box 763 .................. AMSAT member #31884 *
   [X]~~~|k| * Fort Myers, FL 33902 ......... ARRL member #1781549 *
  /   \  |f| * http://www.gate.net/~seven77 telephone 941.772.7907 *
|     | |4| * kf4fdj@amsat.org ........................... EL96ap *
|  P  | |f| * Senior Operations Manager ...... Telephony Industry *
|  3  |=|d| *   AO10, AO27, Fujis, RS13, RS15, MIR?, SO35, UO22,  *
|  D  | |j| *   KITSAT,   UO-14,  SSTV,   ATV,  MS,  E&F Layers   *
|     | | | *   Bringing  Oscar demos to the Lee County Schools   *
  /*X*\  | | *  Black holes were created when God divided by zero. *
.                                  oooO   (  )
                                     \ (  (_/
                                      \_)