Re: FM vs SSB

on 8/18/00 5:10 AM, Andrew Reynolds at calliban@sinnfree.sinnfree.org wrote:

> Your local friend gave up too easy. If there were no prior restraint
> factors (i.e. restrictive use clauses) in his property deed, then
> he could have taken his case before the government board and
> sited the FCC's power in this matter to win approval for his antennas.
> Apartment dwellers and people with restrictions in their deeds are
> out of luck, I fear, but others have grounds to fight if they
> so choose.

I agree, Andy.  I hear too much today about what "communities" are doing.
Well, they really don't stand a chance.  The feds have said they HAVE to
REASONABLY ACCOMODATE the ham.  No there is big debate about what that
means, but a good lawyer will help there as well.  Hopefully the FCC will
clear up the language as the league has asked.  As for deed restrictions and
covenants by property associations, well, that's another story right now.
PRB-1 doesn't reach there.  Hopefully it will.  Also, more and more states
are passing PRB-1 laws.  So communities can't just restrict.  They may try,
but they are out of line.

73,

Jon
NA9D